Wednesday, May 14, 2008

That yearning...

was special. A unique feeling which I have never felt before.

It was the fact that I was staring at an opened packet of M&Ms and experiencing this that made the whole situation quirky.

Like any other packet of M&Ms, it was filled with those small little UFOs with "m"s printed on them of multitude colors, staining the packet within and my fingers as I started to pick them.

But I noticed one M&M, a single one, that stood out from the crowd. In it's most brilliant shade of salmon pink (or was it stained?), it lay there like the most gorgeous exhibitionist on a retirees nudist beach, the youngest and most nubile amongst a graying crowd. In fact, it was the only pink M&M that zeroed my sight in like a bulls eye among the other colors.

So here I am, with time in stasis around me as I pondered about the feeling churning my stomach and caressing my heart with claw like hands. My vocabulary fails me as I try to define what this feeling was from spotting that pink M&M. It's like a voice telling me that I must have that M&M, yet, the very same voice telling me that it's an M&M, like any other M&M.

Yet I so want it. It's like the ultimate desire yet it wasn't. That yearning...

No comments: